Wild Fish Oil Softgels
The ingredients in this formula have been specifically selected to provide the essential EPA and DHA to assist in the prevention of Heart Disease, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Joint Pain, Type – 2 Diabetes, and also some forms of cancer.
Benefits of EPA!
Several clinical studies have shown that EPA can reduce death from major coronary events and heart disease. Large-scale epidemiologic studies suggest that people at risk for coronary heart disease benefit from consuming Omega-3 fatty acids including:
Decrease risk of arrhythmias, which can lead to sudden cardiac death
Decrease triglyceride levels
Decrease growth rate of atherosclerotic plaque
Lower blood pressure (slightly)
EPA and DHA During Life Stages:
Our requirements for EPA and DHA change throughout life and so does the optimal amount of each fatty acid in our diet. Children require DHA for growth and development, and the brain, CNS and retina rely heavily on the adequate supply of DHA during growth in the womb. Thus women should emphasise DHA in their diets when they become pregnant and continue to take this until they cease breastfeeding. Children continue to need DHA up until the age they start school, so if children under the age of five are taking an omega-3 supplement, it should contain DHA. The exception is for children with developmental problems – where pure EPA or high EPA omega-3 has been shown to be most effective for supporting cognitive function.
Wild Fish Oil Softgels 1000mg
Each Softgel contains:
• EPA 180mg
• DHA 120mg
• DPA 36mg
The Health Benefits of Fish Oil
1. Protect yourself from air pollution: Omega-3 fatty acid supplements offer protection against the adverse cardiac and lipid effects associated with air pollution exposure, which makes them a must especially if you live in the city.
2. Reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis: If you have joint pain of any kind, you can cut the inflammatory process in half by taking fish oil daily.
3. Reduce the signs of aging: Growing evidence suggests that telomere shortening (the DNA at the end of your chromosomes) can inhibit stem cell function and cellular regeneration causing unhealthy aging. Adding fish to your diet at least twice a week is a great way to boost your omega-3 intake.
4. Improve fat burning: The insulin-sensitizing ability of DHA, the antiinflammatory benefits of EPA, and the fat burning benefits of both make choosing a supplement containing significant amounts of each a good idea.
5. Boost brain power and memory: A diet lacking in omega-3 fatty acids, may cause your brain to age faster and lose some of its memory and thinking abilities. Add it to your daily supplement list to keep your brain healthy through the years.
6. Preserve lean muscle: Muscle is metabolically active and burns calories even while you sleep. Adding in fish oil will help preserve muscle, even while dieting.
7. Improve bone health: The authors concluded that omega-3s appear to be a vital constituent of healthy modelling bone and maintaining bone mineral density. In addition to the above supplements, be sure to add in a regular strength training routine to prevent osteoporosis.